In accordance with the National Visiting Policy, all wards are open to visitors at the following times only:
• 14:00 to 16:00 hours
• 18:30 to 20:30 hours
7 days a week.
In special circumstances, aarrangements can be made at ward level to facilitate extended visiting hours. This must be approved at ward level.
Protected Meal Times
In our hospital we have protected meal times. This means that no patient is to be disturbed or visited by either staff or visitors during their meals. Visitors are asked to observe protected mealtimes and leave the wards unless they are helping a patient to eat or where their absence would upset the patient.
Visitors are Asked
• to use the alcohol hand rub provided when entering and leaving the hospital and wards
• to wait if the patient you have come to see is receiving treatment when you arrive,
• to have no more than two visitors at the patient's bedside at one time
• to have children under the age of 12 years accompanied by an adult
• to show consideration for the other patients on the ward
• to abstain from smoking in South Tipperary General Hospital
• to leave the ward when personal care is being delivered
• to note that in some areas fresh flowers and plants are not permitted.
For general enquiries please ring the main switchboard on (052) 6177058